Property in Westminster
COST PER SQ FT £700 - £1,650
Westminster lies within the Borough of Westminster, situated to the east of Vauxhall Bridge Road and spreading east to St. James's Park. It is very popular with tourists, investors and the political elite.
despite its prestigious reputation, property prices in the area have underperformed compared to nearby ‘prime’ areas of Chelsea and Belgravia. However, in the in 2011 and 2012, capital growth for Westminster outperformed both Chelsea and nearby Mayfair.
- Timeless feel, popular with tourists and overseas visitors
- Historic attractions including Houses of Parliament and Big Ben
- Transport is excellent with several tube stations around the area
Properties Available in Westminster
Due to the area's history, reputation and associations with government, property in Westminster is highly sought-after. Many parts of Westminster date back several hundred years which offers a fantastic backdrop to city life.
In contrast to other prime central areas, Westminster has a broad mix of architectural styles, including converted former office buildings, Georgian townhouses and glass-fronted new-builds.
- Mix of Victorian, Georgian, pre and post WWI and WWI properties
- 87.8% of housing stock are apartments
- Most apartments are period purpose-built mansion apartments
- Converted period properties including commercial and government buildings
- Modern developments are extremely sought-after
- Large numbers of Peabody Trust buildings throughout the area
Property Buying Agents in Westminster
Sherlock & Partners locate the finest properties in Westminster based on our clients' requirements. To find out more about out personal property finding services, please contact us here.
West and Central West London
North and Central North London
East and Central East London
The City EC2, EC3, Clerkenwell & Farringdon EC1, EC2, Shoreditch & Hoxton EC1, E1, N1
South and South West London